If you’re looking to do some winter riding, staying warm is essential in cold weather. After perusing offerings on Mountain Equipment Co-op’s website, I landed upon the Castelli Meno Wind Bibtights (Men’s) for $179 CAD.
- Stretchy polyester and elastane Thermoflex fabric provides moves moisture, stays warm and yields an aero fit.
- AirFlex Thermo fabric front fabric shields legs from icy winds.
- Mesh bib straps don’t get soggy on long days.
- KISS Air pad features dual density foam and a soft microfiber top for absolute comfort.
- Flatlock seams won’t chafe.
Given Castelli’s sizing, you’re going to need to size up. I’m about 6’1 and 195 pounds and the XXL fit snug. Good thing MEC has an excellent return policy.
We tested these out on a 3.5 hour ride in weather that was a couple degrees above zero Celsius. The verdict? They are awesome. The tights are lined, so your legs stay warm. Never did I feel cold, helped in part by the AirFlex Thermo fabric on the front, which essentially like a windbreaker for your legs. The mesh bibs were comfortable and and for the KISS Air pad, it was fine (but my Assos bibs are more comfortable).
You will need to make sure you have long socks on, as I found the zippers on the back did dig into me somewhat, but not bad enough to chafe or bleed, but enough that I noticed it on my ride. There are also Castelli logos on the side hip areas, of course. While at $179 CAD, they aren’t exactly ‘cheap’, but that’s what you get with Castelli and name brand gear.
Would I buy these again? Yep, as they would make a great addition to any winter gear arsenal.